Thursday, June 14, 2012

Samurai Update 3

Its been a busy week with a lot going on for me. Combined with that, I also got slightly sidetracked playing Arkham City (which I bought about 3 months ago, but finally had a chance to play it and it was as awesome as I hoped). I really only play about 1 to 2 games a year. I used to play a lot more but I don't have the time anymore. Next on my list: Zelda: Skyward Sword.


Anyways, here is an update on the middle piece of the triptych I am working on. Almost there. This is going to be the most detailed piece I have ever done. The nice part is that it is getting me back into the swing of things. I need to build a lightbox soon because they are ridiculously expensive and much cheaper to make. So hopefully that goes well.

Thanks for reading.

ZAF

1 comment:

  1. Hey Zach! Lookin' good. I built a simple lightbox that required no building and only 11 dollars... I used a big piece of a glass I had lying around from the top of a coffee table (you could go to a thrift store or dumpster diving, or get like a 2x4 plexiglass sheet at a hardware stoe for around $20). Then I just leaned it against a wall and put a switch operated flourescent bar light behind it. I got that at Lowes for $11. Finally, I taped a piece of marker paper (since it's translucent) to the back of the glass, and done. Works well if you don't mind crouching on the floor, or I guess you could build a wooden box for it.

    ReplyDelete